I. Core Principals
a. Postmodern Corporate Finance - Journal of Applied Corporate Finance
b. In Need of Internal Capitalism - Buona Fortuna!
c. An Internal Capitalism Checkup - Buona Fortuna!
d. Are Your Investors in for the Long Haul? - CFO.com
e. The Envelope, Please: The 2011 Capital Deployment Awards - CFO.com
f. A Fresh Look at the Required Return - Buona Fortuna!
g. Beating the Market the Right Way London Business School Review
III. Corporate Strategy - Managing and Growing the Business
a. Buy Low Sell High - Really! - Buona Fortuna!
b. Driving Growth with Finance - CFO Rising West
c. Who Says M&A Doesn't Create Value? - Buona Fortuna!
d. Want to be a Great Acquirer? Do More Deals - Buona Fortuna!
e. Is Corporate Divorce the Answer? - Buona Fortuna!
f. Are You Reinvesting Enough? - CFO.com
g. Is it Time to Breakup? - CFO.com
h. Too Big to Succeed? - CFO.com
i. Acquirer TSR Hinges on Economic Results - Buona Fortuna!
j. Are You Wasting Time on Poor Performers? - CFO.com
k. Do Acquisition Premiums Matter - CFO.com
l. How Corporate Diversity & Size Influence Spinoffs & Other Breakups - Journal of Applied Corporate Finance
m. Is Fear Dampening Corporate Performance? - CFO.com
n. How Good, Old-Fashioned Sales Growth Drives Value - CFO.com
o. Rx for Emerging-Market Investment: Lower Hurdle Rates for Growing Nations - CFO.com
p. The Case for Working Capital - TreasuryAndRisk.com
q. Can Operating Leases Be Strategic? - CFO.com
r. Consultants' Commentary: FX Trends - TreasuryAndRisk.com
s. Is Financial Leverage Good for Shareholders? - CFO.com
t. Why Isn't the Stock Market Higher? - CFO.com
u. The Unhealthy Fear Of Risk - CFO.com
v. Everything Must Earn An ROI - CFO.com
w. Why Some Stocks Perform Better Than Others - CFO.com
x. Depreciation Can Distort Returns - CFO.com
y. Who Cares About Quarterly EPS for Facebook - CFO.com
z. Clearing the Bar: Setting Hurdle Rates that Properly Encourage Growth AFP
(PDF- Opens in new window)
1. Test Your Pricing Strategy, Sandy Reminds CFOs CFO.com
2. Is Accounting Blocking R&D Investments? CFO.com
3. The Case For Shareholder Value Focus CFO.com
4. 2012 Capital Deployment Awards CFO.com
5. The Sum Of All Investments CFO.com
6. What Fortune Brands' bustup portends for investors Crains
7. Are Your Growth Investments Effective? CFO.com
8. Dead or Alive: Unwanted The Deal Pipeline
9. Is it Time to Prune the Portfolio? - CFO.com
10. Saks: A Good Deal For All SeekingAlpha.com
11. Don't Overreact to Cycles CFO.com
12. Bernankes Wet Noodle CFO.com
13. How To Get Ready For Economic Cycles CFO.com
14. How Successfull Is Your CEO CFO.com
15. Keeping Activist Investors Away CFO.com
16. Four Ways High Share Price Companies
Can Boost Value CFO.com
17. Ugh! It's Budget Approval Time CFO.com
18. Why Not Pay Executives Like Private Equity Does? CFO.com
19. Capital Deployment Roundtable: A Discussion of Corporate Investment and Payout Policy- JACF (PDF - Opens in new window)
IV. Capital Distribution Policy and Impact
a. Are Buybacks the Best We Can Do? - Buona Fortuna!
b. Is Cash Still King? - CFO.com
c. When do Dividends Really Matter? - CFO.com
d. What's Your Return on Buybacks? - CFO.com
e. Stock Buybacks: Buy high and sell low - Fortune
f. U.S. Companies wonder where to put all that cash - Crain's New York
g. Is Excess Cash a Problem? - CFO.com
h. How To Make Hay Out Of Buybacks - CFO.com
i. Why To Choose Growth Over Buybacks - CFO.com
j. A Users Guide to Buyback ROI, Buyback Strategy, and Buyback Effectiveness Buona Fortuna!
k. Advocates Overrating the Benefits of Buybacks CFO.com
l. The Most and Least Effective Stock Buyback Programs Institutional Investor
m. Buybacks Expected To Increase -NY Times
n. Delta Air Lines: Ready For Unexpected Turbulence? - Seeking Alpha
o. Shamu-Sized Expectations For SeaWorld Entertaiment - Seeking Alpha
p. Avoid Those Rose-Colored Dividends - CFO.com
V. Industry Insights
a. Capital deployment in oil and gas: Are you reinvesting enough? - Oil & Gas Finance Journal
b. Chugging Along - How Transportation Uses Capital - CFO.com
c. Time for a New Shirt? - CFO.com
d. Growing Retailers Spark High Returns - CFO.com
e. For Consumer Products Makers, Sales Growth Spurs Share Prices - CFO.com
f. Why Are Wholesalers Protecting High Returns? - CFO.com
g. The Prescription for Pharma Is Revenue Growth - CFO.com
h. Should Medical Device Companies Make or Buy Their Growth? - CFO.com
i. Media Business: Adapt or Face Nightmare of Change - CFO.com